Wednesday, December 15, 2004

R2 Hourglass Sweater by Illanna

Hi Hourglassers!

I am working on my hourglass with Rowan R2 Paper Yarn:




Last night I finished the body up to the sleeves:




and I started on the first sleeve (I made my stitch markers):




It's hard to find the 12" circular needles for the sleeves; I got mine at my LYS. They are made by Clover and they are plastic. They are nice to work with, because they are kind of rubbery, and they were only $4.75.

I changed the pattern a little by doing ribbing on the edges instead of the turning round. That way, there will be even less finishing at the end.

I also took a close-up of the "weirdness" when I put the 10 stitches on the stitch holders on either side:



I want to see others' progress too! Happy Hourglassing!

5 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

I knew you'd get your second one done before I finish my first one! Way to go! It looks great. --Kelly aka Monkey

Wed Dec 15, 06:28:00 PM PST  
Blogger Kelly said...

How well do the 12" circulars work for the sleeves? I am debating on whether to use circulars or go with DPNs.

Wed Dec 15, 06:30:00 PM PST  
Blogger Cathi said...

Wow, that is beautiful! I love the paper yarn, and it looks great with this pattern. Can't wait to see your FO!

Thu Dec 16, 02:18:00 PM PST  
Blogger marcia said...

I have a quick question, I am making the hourglass sweater and I have just completed the body, moving the 10 stitches on to stitch holders, twice. But, I am really unsure as to when they get picked back up, I have read and re-read the pattern and I am totally lost.

Can anyone offer any guidance?

Sun Jan 02, 07:26:00 AM PST  
Blogger Southern Needlework said...

I am wanting to join the hourglass knitalong, and possible use the R2 paper like you are using...but i have a couple of questions first...what size needles are you using since you changed the yarn (i know that R2 calls for US 11's), and how well is the sweater knitting up with the R2? Thank you so much for your help! :)

Fri Jan 07, 09:59:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home