Friday, February 25, 2005

Can I join the party? I brought cashmere.

Hey hourglass gals! What a great knitalong blog. I've loved seeing the pictures of your finished sweaters and really appreciate all the info you've posted about yarn substitutes, pattern adjustments, sizing, etc. What a huge help it is to a latecomer like me!

I've loved this sweater since I first saw it and although I do have some Cash Iroha in my stash, I wasn't inspired to cast on until I frogged an old cream-colored cashmere blend Banana Republic sweater that had been wadded up in the back of my closet for years.



I measured the gauge on the old sweater and it matched that of the hourglass sweater perfectly! After a few hours of frustration and then a few more hours of ripping, I got this out of the sleeves.



This stuff is so soft and wonderful! I can't believe I hadn't thought of cannibalizing this sweater earlier. Even though I haven't ripped out the rest yet, I went ahead and cast on for the first sleeve. I was too impatient to wait until the yarn store opened to get some short circs, so I'm knitting it flat.



More info on my ripping adventure is at my blog here. And I'll be posting updates on my sweater progress here and on my blog here.

4 Comments:

Blogger illanna said...

Thanks for joining us! Yummm cashmere hourglass!

Fri Feb 25, 09:27:00 AM PST  
Blogger sauvageblue said...

Can I join?

Sat Feb 26, 10:01:00 PM PST  
Blogger Atouria said...

Yuummmmyyyyy!!! That is going to be one comfy sweater and stylish too! I gotta get my hands on some cashmere. :) Welcome to the KAL

Sun Feb 27, 06:55:00 AM PST  
Blogger Atouria said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Sun Feb 27, 06:55:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home