Monday, January 16, 2006

First Sweater Finished for 2006



Please, ignore the sheep pj's. It's 8pm, I'm dressed for slumberland and the Golden Globe Awards. (giggle)

It's done. I love the feel of it, the cotton blend. It's a bulky yarn, so I had to adapt the gauge I was knitting at to the pattern. I was knitting at about 3.5 sts/inch.

The one thing I changed was the neck. I did a rollneck instead of a hemmed one. I read all the postings on the Hourglass KAL blog and the majority was saying the neck was coming out too big. This sweater is for relaxing weekends at home, hanging in the house or on the deck on a cool spring/summer night.


Yarn: Gedifra Luisa, 55% Cotton - 45% Acrylic
Skeins used: 14 skeins at 60 meters per skein
Started: December 19, 2005
Completed: January 16, 2006

1 Comments:

Blogger jen said...

Nice job! I love that you could adapt it for a larger gauge, and the rolled collar was brilliant (wish I'd just done that!).

Tue Jan 17, 10:54:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home