Wednesday, December 15, 2004

R2 Hourglass Sweater by Illanna

Hi Hourglassers!

I am working on my hourglass with Rowan R2 Paper Yarn:




Last night I finished the body up to the sleeves:




and I started on the first sleeve (I made my stitch markers):




It's hard to find the 12" circular needles for the sleeves; I got mine at my LYS. They are made by Clover and they are plastic. They are nice to work with, because they are kind of rubbery, and they were only $4.75.

I changed the pattern a little by doing ribbing on the edges instead of the turning round. That way, there will be even less finishing at the end.

I also took a close-up of the "weirdness" when I put the 10 stitches on the stitch holders on either side:



I want to see others' progress too! Happy Hourglassing!

1 Comments:

Blogger Cathi said...

Wow, that is beautiful! I love the paper yarn, and it looks great with this pattern. Can't wait to see your FO!

Thu Dec 16, 02:18:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home