Saturday, February 05, 2005

Finished!

Whelp, it's all over but the blocking. The h-glass is finished, and I think I'm pretty happy with it. Here's a pre-blocking photo:

preblockinghglass


I'll post some modeled photos post-blocking, but first I have to say...

I would rather have ten hangnails, ride the F train at rush hour, clean up cat puke, and go to the OB-GYN ALL IN THE SAME DAY than have to do the finishing on this sweater again, in particular, the neckline. I'm a wimp, I know, and am exaggerating a bit, but I must say that stitching down the live stitches on the neckline for some reason was really unpleasant and TEDIOUS, and had me shouting the most offensive swear words all morning. I am so glad it's over now.

5 Comments:

Blogger marirob said...

I think it's bee-yoo-tee-full!!! I really love the color.

(small voice) I actually enjoyed all the hemming. Must be the masochist in me.

Can you let us know how you block it? I wasn't sure what to do because I'm a pin and spray blocker, and it just seemed too thick to do that.

Sun Feb 06, 06:45:00 AM PST  
Blogger jess said...

oh, i'm definitely not a good resource on blocking. i was just planning to wash it and lay it flat to dry. i don't know if that will take care of the hems, though, which appear to stand out from the sweater a bit too much.

Sun Feb 06, 09:48:00 AM PST  
Blogger Sarita said...

Wow! I love, love, love the color!

Sun Feb 06, 03:03:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the color! I'm so with you on the finishing being a huge pain in the butt! I think I spent 4 to 6 hours on the finishing for this sweater and it was seamless!!!

A word of caution for those still marching toward the neckline. I added several rows to make sure I didn't get the "flashdance" look that others complained about. Well, I wore my sweater on Saturday and that neckline was sliding all over the place. The neck opening was still just too big.

I added a crochet edging, about six rows in single crochet to close it in about an inch on all sides. Hopefully this took care of the problem, but if not, I'll add more crochet rows.

Patti
http://redvelvetcake.typepad.com

Mon Feb 07, 05:46:00 AM PST  
Blogger xmasberry said...

yes, the finishing was a pain! it fely like i spent as much time hemming and weaving as i did knitting! i enjoyed the neckline, it just took forever to mark the stitches first. next time i am thinking i would use a fabric tape or something along that line rather than weaving a piece of waste yarn in at the line.

Mon Feb 07, 01:09:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home