Friday, January 28, 2005

12" Circulars

Since 12" circulars can be a wee bit difficult to find, I thought I'd post some of the sources I came across:

Addi 12" from Pacific Wool & Fiber - $14.95
Addi 12" from Handknitting.com - $13.50
Clover plastic 12" (on eBay) - $4.45 - note, these are marked US8, but run small according to the seller, so I'm assuming US8 = US7-ish
Clover plastic 12" from Worldknit.com - this store also has 8.25" circulars! Same caveat applies re: size, I'm assuming.

Of course, you can use DPNs, but the circulars go faster. Plus, if you're making the legwarmer pattern, which I calls for US 8, you could probably get by with using the same needles, thereby getting at least one more project out of them. I went with the Clovers. Has anyone else tried them? Are they indeed about a US7? Any other needle experiences to share?

EDIT (1/29/05): I asked the eBay seller I bought the 12" Clovers from, and she says the size 8s also say "4.5mm" on the package, which would make them equivalent to a US7.

3 Comments:

Blogger marirob said...

I used the Clover needles - they're actually 4mm, so they are smaller, but they worked just fine for me. I actually liked using them - although they feel pretty flimsy.

Fri Jan 28, 01:04:00 PM PST  
Blogger jess said...

was it the 7 or the 8 that was 4mm?

Fri Jan 28, 01:10:00 PM PST  
Blogger marirob said...

I didn't even realize that the sizes were on the package! I got the size 6, which on the says on the back is 3.9 mm. I'm assuming that the 8 would be similar (4.9 mm). I didn't want my sleeves to be too wide, which is why I went with the 6. My gauge is smaller, but it's not noticeable (at least to my eyes). Hope that helps!

Sat Jan 29, 09:23:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home