Tuesday, May 10, 2005

*Almost* done!

I just bound off a few minutes ago, and couldn't resist slipping it over my head to take a picture.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I cast on, I believe, in January and set it aside in February (I was on the second sleeve when I set it aside) to work on some other projects. Well, I just finished a Sitcom Chic over the weekend, and it gave me the courage to pick up Hourglass again.

I'm using Elann's Highland Wool, and made the second size. Instead of following the pattern's instructions for the turn-over edging, I decided to do a seed stitch edge on the sleeves, the bottom and the neckline. I also did 3 extra decrease rounds at the neck, and I'm pleased with the coverage as I have very narrow shoulders and hate things falling off them. It's a *little* snugger over my t-shirt than I'd normally like pre-blocking, but it should be perfect after I weave in all the ends, kitchener the underarms and block!

Too bad it's wool and we're having summer temps here finally. :p

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks great! Nice work!

I just cast mine on in a similar color.

Tue May 10, 10:17:00 PM PDT  
Blogger amber said...

Looks awesome. I like the seed stitch edge. And I thank you for mentioning the 3 extra decrease rounds... I'll have to do that as I'm not a big fan of the large neck look.

Maybe we'll get one cold day so you can wear it :-)

-Amber

Wed May 11, 08:41:00 AM PDT  
Blogger krisluvswool said...

That came out very cute! Mine is similar in color to yours. I'll have to post progress soon.

Wed May 11, 09:25:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home