Monday, April 18, 2005

Lovely sweaters and a question

Like others, I've been enjoying seeing everyone's creations. My own is about to be packed away for the warmer months (it's all wool) but I am getting ready to make two more in a cotton blend yarn for spring.

One question, though. When I made mine It seemed that the neckline was much wider than everyone elses'. In fact, I ended up knitting on extra straps taht visually bring it in and allow me to wear it without a tank top underneath. I'm thinking I will do the next size down on the sleeves which should help some, but has anyone else noticed the neckline being overly wide?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also had a problem with the neckline being too wide on the first one. I have yet to go back and redo it (too lazy to unpick the live stitches, frog and then pick up all the stitches again), but on my second one, I just did a few more decrease rounds and that seemed to help.

My labmate has requested one in a cotton blend. What yarn are you using as a substitute? Thanks! - M

Thu Apr 21, 07:50:00 PM PDT  
Blogger illanna said...

The neckline on mine was overly wide, actually. I think if I make another one I would add a ring of either elastic or bias tape into the neckline before sewing down the turning round. Glad to see i'm not the only one!

Sat May 07, 10:08:00 AM PDT  
Blogger wakana said...

when i first started to wear the sweater, it was ok... but after a while, it started to fall off from my sholder...i guess it's because the sweater was a bit stretched & my little baby struggles alot in my arms.

so, i ended up redoing the neckline. i added six extra rows to make it smaller. now, it doesn't look as good as the one before (because it covers my neckline a lot), but i don't have to worry about my shoulder part all the time.

i guess it depends on your shoulder size & the yarns (if your yarn has a tendency to stretch out after a while, or if your yarn is so heavy that it pulls down the shoulder part too much, etc.)

Mon May 09, 04:45:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home