Tuesday, May 31, 2005

My WIP

Since Stacey posted asking about the andean silk, I figured I should post progress, since I've been meaning to and haven't.

Stacey, you can see a version of the Hourglass in Andean Silk on the Knitpicks site if you click here. I really love the yarn; it's beautiful and soft, though if you're put off by slightly furry yarns, this may not be the yarn for you.

These pictures are slightly outdated, as I took them while I was decreasing, with good intentions of posting them, but kept forgetting, got frustrated with the sweater, set it aside and picked it up again since that time. I'm just starting my increases, but here are a couple of shots so you can see the yarn in action!





The color is "sangria".

8 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

That looks beautiful! Do you have any worries about wearing it next to your skin? (not sure about the "fuzziness" comment!) I may have to buy it!

Tue May 31, 10:32:00 AM PDT  
Blogger krisluvswool said...

I don't find that it's itchy at all. It's very soft, and I don't think it would cause any need for an undershirt or something like that. I just qualified the fuzzy part because I know some people are picky about that. My mother won't wear ANYTHING that's slightly fuzzy no matter how soft it is, for example.

Tue May 31, 11:07:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Dani said...

I don't think its itchy at all.. I think its super soft, its almost as if it has some alpaca in it!

Tue May 31, 12:01:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Stacey said...

Yipee! I think I may have to place an order this weekend....

Wed Jun 01, 04:02:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

erm, it's 55% alpaca. or was i just not getting the joke?

Wed Jun 01, 03:48:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Dani said...

I was just being silly.. I think that you should try this yarn out. I was a bit skeptical, but am super happy with the results. Its coming out a tiny bit fuzzy (on a scale of fuziness from 1-10, I would give it a 3).

Thu Jun 02, 06:22:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Dani said...

Oh, and also, I knit up a swatch and found that on the recommended size 7 needles, my 4 inches was coming out to only 3.75 inches. This worked out fine for me, because I wanted to make an inbetween size. I also knit on the tighter size. So, just make sure you check your gauge before you start if you use Andean Silk.

Thu Jun 02, 06:23:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Stacey said...

I'll have to remember that - I tend to be a tight knitter also!

Thu Jun 02, 07:48:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home