Thursday, April 06, 2006

Fin!

Wahoo! My Hourglass Sweater is finally finished!

My hourglass sweater finished!

Sadly, the neck does feel like it’s going to stretch and fall off my shoulders. I can’t complain — I was warned by many a knitter to knit a few extra rows to make the neck smaller, but when I tried it on, it just didn’t feel as wide as it did once I’d finished. Any advice for how to keep the neck a smaller size without frogging and adding rows? I wove a thread through it, but I’m not sure how much that’ll help.

Cross posted here.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe a crochet edging? Or just pick up the stitches and knit a few extra rows?

Fri Apr 07, 07:30:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Shannon said...

I think the reason it stretches is because you don't bind off before you sew the stitches down, not the size of the neck. I think that's a terrible method for finishing a neck because there's no stability. I ended up taking out the hem section(I actually cut it because I had plenty of yarn) added some short row shaping, re-knit the hem and BOUND OFF before sewing it down.

Sun Apr 09, 08:32:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Jackie said...

I used Elsebeth Lavold's Silky Wool -- its got great texture too.

As for the neck -- in the end, I frogged it and knit an inch worth or rows in. It's still go the square, open necked look but is no longer in danger of falling off.

Fri Apr 14, 06:08:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home