Saturday, April 09, 2005

Hourglass Finished - - -

Hi! I'm new to the knitalong, and I already finished my hourglass sweater when I found this blog, but I just wanted to post some pictures...



I used 6 balls of Pura Lana Ecologica (175m/50g) and Filatura di Crosa's Kid Mohair, and it took about a month or so.

I really love this sweater! I've worn this so many times already. It's just so nice! The way it snuggles into, the way the neck part opens, and the way sleeves drape... SO, I am thinking about making another one with different yarns, and I picked up Louet Sales' Euroflax (100% linen) . Let's see if this yarn is going to work with this pattern...

I enjoy reading evryone's posts. They are really really inspiring to me. Thanks!

3 Comments:

Blogger amber said...

Looks great! I just started one and it's so fun to see the beutiful ones everyone is making. I can see making this sweater a couple times in different fibers. I'm thinking one in cotton and one in alpaca personally :-)

-Amber

Sat Apr 09, 02:55:00 PM PDT  
Blogger jess said...

cute! did you do the neckline according to the pattern, or add in extra rows?

Sat Apr 09, 05:37:00 PM PDT  
Blogger wakana said...

Amber -

Alpaca sounds great! It's going to see very very snuggly. I will probably make a couple more of this sweater, just because this pattern is great!

Jessica -

I tried to follow the pattern, but my gauge was a bit off (21 sts/28 rows), and I had to calculate all the way to adjust the size. That may have something to do with that neckline.

Sat Apr 09, 07:01:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home