Friday, September 30, 2005

About 75% Done



I decided to finish my sweater by my birthday, which is tomorrow. I've been working on the hourglass like a madwoman! I already attached the first sleeve, and the second sleeve is up to the increases already. I just need to finish the sleeve and the yoke by tomorrow, and I think I have a pretty good chance.



By the way, this yarn is a dream to work with. I have exactly 800 yards to work with, and I'm making the small. I know people have run out of yarn, and I can get an extra skein or two if necessary. So far it doesn't seem like I'll run out though. As a precaution, I'm doing rib instead of turning round on the edges, which saves me 6 rows on the bottom edge, neck edge, and both sleeves.



---Illanna---

5 Comments:

Blogger laurie said...

I love how your stripes are working out. Could you post a pic that shows the ribbing on bottom edge, sleeves, and neckline? I'm curious how the hourglass looks in rib.

Fri Sep 30, 07:43:00 PM PDT  
Blogger illanna said...

You can see the ribbing on the sleeves and bottom edge in the second picture. I can post a picture of the neckline ribbing once I finish.

Fri Sep 30, 08:12:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Bear Knits said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Sun Oct 02, 01:18:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Bear Knits said...

I love the colors you used. I can't wait to see the finished sweater.

Sun Oct 02, 01:19:00 PM PDT  
Blogger amy said...

OOOOoooo, the colors are so nice!

Mon Oct 03, 04:58:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home