Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Finished

Here is my finished photo of the Hourglass Sweater. I followed the pattern to the letter and when it was finished and blocked I hated the neck, it was way too wide. The Noro Cash Iroha yarn stretches a lot when blocked. At first I thought the sleeves were too short, but after blocking they are the perfect length. I used 8 full hanks and less than half of the 9th hank of the Noro Cash Iroha yarn. This sweater was knit in the smallest size, and after ripping out the neck line, and re-knitting the neck to fit more like a crew-neck than a boat neck I like the sweater much better. I love the petal softness of the yarn. This sweater fits perfectly.

3 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

It looks fantastic, and I love the colour!

Laura x

Wed Sep 07, 12:32:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Turtle Runner said...

Thank you! I love the color and the fabric, but I'm going to frog the neck and part of the raglan shaping to see if I can get the neck and shoulders to fit better.

This feels like the sweater that never ends!!!!! Oh well, it's great practice.

Thu Sep 08, 10:29:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Iris said...

It looks great, well done! :)

Fri Sep 16, 10:18:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home