Friday, June 03, 2005

My Second Hourglass Sweater Done!!

Hi! I'm done with my second hourglass sweater.
This time, I used Louet Sales' Euroflax Original (sport weight, linen 100%).
I used three skeins.




I also shortened the sleeve so that I can wear in summer.
Here is how it looks:

Second Hourglass Sweater Done!!

I am very satisfied with it overall. I like this shorter sleeves, I like the way linen becomes softer and drapes more as I wear. I am sure I can wear it in summer, too.

Now, I am looking at some comments on Knitpick's Andrean Silk, and I am so interested in that yarn!! I may start making another one for the next fall/winter with this yarn, cause I really love the shape of this sweater.

6 Comments:

Blogger jen said...

Wow, that is really nice!! I wouldn't have imagined it in that yarn. It looks great!

Fri Jun 03, 07:37:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Jenny said...

Did you use more than one strand of yarn, or a different size needle to get the right gauge? I have been wanting to try that yarn. Have you washed it yet? Is it soft after washing? Oh, and your sweater is super gorgeous, by the way.

Fri Jun 03, 08:28:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Jenny said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Fri Jun 03, 08:29:00 PM PDT  
Blogger wakana said...

jenifer: thanks for your compliment! i love this sweater.

jenny & haze: i used three skeins of euroflax in sportweight, and each skein was 100g/275yds. I was using US4 needles, and I didn't have to adjust the pattern at all. my gauge was very close to 19 sts/28 rows, which is exactly the same as one the pattern called for. I have washed maybe twice when I took that picture. It felted almost like a skinny rope when I started knitting, but as you knit more, it becomes softer, and once you wash and dry it, it becomes even more softer, and drapes beautifully. I really like this yarn.

Sat Jun 04, 07:45:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Sophie (Lille) said...

VERY pretty. Great fit.

Sun Jun 05, 03:58:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great idea to knit this sweater in linen! it looks really comfortable and perfect for summer, i'm inspired to follow suit. As for the Andean Silk, i've read positive things about it from DirtyPurls blog: Tara knit the hourglass in that yarn and seemed to like it. Congrats! i'm jealous...

Mon Jun 27, 10:40:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home