Saturday, October 01, 2005

First of Many, Many Questions

Okay, I started my hourglass with the chocolate brown wool and I have just started my first decrease round in the deep blue. Here is my question, I have the errata and I followed it but it seems wrong to me. Let me explain--
It says stop 2 sts before the next marker and repeat from *, but don't you need 5 sts to complete the decreases?

ssk (2 stitches)
k1 (1 stitch)
k2tog (2 stitches) all this equals 4 sts decreased

Also, the nest sentence is Knit 8(8,10,11,12) rnds. Are these decrease rounds or regular knit rounds?
Thanks for the help ladies!
lisaprit@rochester.rr.com
http:continueinkind.typepad.com

2 Comments:

Blogger binkwaffle (Holly) said...

You stop 2 before the marker and do your ssk, move the marker, knit 1, then k2tog so that you have essentially centered the decrease around the marker. With the single stitch between the two decreases, you can't center it exactly since the marker can't go in a half stitch :), but when you do it on the other side, too, it balances it out.

The next sentence is to knit 8+ rows normally. No decreases in those.

HTH!

Sat Oct 01, 08:17:00 AM PDT  
Blogger illanna said...

I was going to say the same thing. Ditto!

Sat Oct 01, 07:18:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home