Monday, January 10, 2005

How Accurate is Sizing?

Happy New Year, all! I'm getting started on my hourglass and am trying to settle on the size. Those who have completed the body, how true are the measurements in the pattern (i.e.33" across chest = XS, 37" = S, etc.) to the actual size?

My chest measures (a wee) 32.5", and I'm leaning to the S so's to avoid skintightness, but I don't want to swim in the darned thing either. I'm also worried that the larger size will produce a neckline that will fall off my shoulders all the time. Any thoughts?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm doing the size for the 37" chest, and my chest is 35.5. My gauge is running a little big. I think you'll be swimming in this size since you are so much smaller than I am. My initial thought would be to do the smallest size, but it would depend on your gauge.

Patti
http://redvelvetcake.typepad.com

Tue Jan 11, 11:33:00 AM PST  
Blogger Cathi said...

I am making the XS, since my chest size is 32". I wouldn't say it's skin tight (I haven't finished it completely, but the body is finished, you can see a pic at my blog), but it's form fitting. You could just try the S and then wear a slightly padded bra, if it ends up being too big in the bust area.

Tue Jan 11, 11:54:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home