Friday, October 14, 2005

I have finally finished my first Hourglass:


Stats:
Yarn: Lang Yarns - Fantomas Superwash. Aprox. 6 or 7 balls (can't remember)
Needles: 4mm circulars
Time: started at the end of August 05, finished on 13th October 05.

Adapting the pattern to suit the yarn was not as much of a problem as I feared it would be, and the shaping kept the otherwise monotonous stockinette pattern interesting. The only gripe I have with the sweater is that the neckline is a bit too wide; the sweater almost slips off the shoulders at times. For the next one, I'll make sure to change the neckline a little to make it a bit deeper and a little less wide. Also, currently the sleeves are a bit short, but the blocking might still change that so I'm reserving judgement.

Thanks to the lovely folks on this KAL for all the support and please don't take me off the KAL yet - I have yarn for another one!! :)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks great. I love the color.

Fri Oct 14, 03:34:00 PM PDT  
Blogger illanna said...

Your sleeves look beautiful, especially the fullness around the wrists. Great job!

Sat Oct 15, 12:38:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Bear Knits said...

Lovely color. It looks great!

Sun Oct 16, 02:04:00 PM PDT  
Blogger binkwaffle (Holly) said...

I love it! I was about to frog my sleeve and start over with a more fitted wrist when I checked here first. Like, MINUTES before I was going to frog it.
And lo and behold, your picture popped up, and I realized how cute the sleeves were! I love them! So thanks for saving me the extra work and the possible heartbreak if I'd done different sleeves.
Gorgeous color, too!

Sun Oct 16, 06:48:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Iris said...

Thanks for all the kind comments! :)

Just to follow up: The sweater is washed and blocked now, and this has sorted the problem with the length of the sleeves, so apart from the neckline I'm pleased.

Tue Oct 18, 12:30:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home