Sunday, January 30, 2005

Yay! I'm finished!

I finished my sweater! Yippee!!

Here's a photo (the weather was nice so we had to take photos at the beach)


This was a slightly traumatic sweater. I didn't post during my progress because I was frustrated with it. This was my first circular sweater and althought I loved knitting with the Cash Iroha, I didn't like the fact that knitting circular was cumbersome. Also, I ran out of yarn. I made the smallest size and I needed 9 1/2 skeins instead of the 8 called for in the pattern. I ordered 9, and luckily they had the same dye lot available for the final skein.

I knitted the body with Addi Turbo 7's, but I had to knit fairly tight to keep gauge. The sleeves I knitted with the Clover plastic 6 needles, so I knitted a bit loosely. I did like the way the hemming looked at the end. I think the sweater looks finished with it. Probably my favorite thing about this sweater is the color! Very pretty.

I had a hard time gauging how the sweater would look like in the end. Too big? Too short? Neckline too big? But, in the end, it came out very nice. I really like it.

I'll post a couple of more photos on my blog, so check it out!

Thank you Kelly for hosting the knitalong! To be honest, I'm not sure if I would have finished without it.

4 Comments:

Blogger jen said...

Nice! And the sleeves don't look too wide at all!
Jenifer
http://knittingat5337.blogdrive.com

Sun Jan 30, 02:43:00 PM PST  
Blogger xmasberry said...

nice! i get to sew the hems and collar tonight and i hope mine looks as nice as yours! i love that color also. just beautiful.

Mon Jan 31, 09:00:00 AM PST  
Blogger Mary said...

It looks lovely. I've found the neckline on mine is a little wide, but yours looks just perfect.

Mon Jan 31, 12:21:00 PM PST  
Blogger illanna said...

That looks SO BEAUTIFUL!!!! I am re-inspired to finish mine up!

Wed Feb 02, 04:47:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home