Friday, September 16, 2005

Question re. the pattern...

Er, I don't even know how to explain what I mean in any comprehensible way, but I'll give it a go:

I've knitted the body of my Hourglass sweater quite happily, despite the differing gauge, and have now arrived at the section 'Divide for Yoke'. Now, this is where I simply don't understand what the pattern wants me to do.

It says 'K5, place the last 10 sts just worked on a stitch holer, knit to 5 sts beyone next marker...'. OK, I get the part with the knit 5 and place the last 10 on a stitch holder. So far so good. But what then? Do I take them off the circular needle? That leaves me with the end of the yarn on the stitch holder and the circular needle attached to the stitches before the stitch holder. Massive gap. How can I just continue knitting without knitting the last stitch before the stitchholder and the 1st stitch after the stitchholder together, thus pulling the whole sweater together in a way that I'm sure can't be right?!

I just don't seem to get what I'm supposed to do... I'm sure it's ever so simple, but could someone talk me through this? Please? I'd really really appreciate some help. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger wittyknits said...

I think I understand what you are asking. Is your yarn in the right place, but the needle isn't? Because if so, I think you are okay. Once you knit on past the holder, the gap really won't exist any longer.

Fri Sep 16, 01:15:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It does work out if you do exactly as it says. I know it looks like it's going to leave a hole, but once you've finished the round there won't be any gap there. Let us know how you get on.

Mon Sep 19, 01:45:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Iris said...

Thank you so much for your help, both of you!! I have figured it out now and have started with the first sleeve. I think I'll post some progress pictures soon.

Thanks again!

Iris
x

Fri Sep 23, 12:32:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home