Monday, March 07, 2005

Question about dividing for the yoke

I'm just about to start the division for the body and I'm a bit confused by something. It says to knit 5 past the marker, put the last 10 on a holder and repeat at the second marker. That's fine, but then it says to knit to the end of the front again. Wouldn't that have you stranding across the stitches on the holder? Or are you supposed to start putting stitches on the holder with the marker that is for the back, not the round start?

3 Comments:

Blogger Diana said...

Hi Erin, I was confused about this at first too. Then I realized what I thought was the front was actually the back. It works out. Since you knit across the stitches before they go on the holder, there is no stranding.

Basically it goes like this (if I remember correctly!):
1. Knit 5, put last 10 sts on a holder.
2. Knit across back sts to marker
3. Knit 5 sts past marker, place last 10 on holder.
4. Knit front sts.

Hope this helps!
Diana
www.streetsandyos.com

Mon Mar 07, 06:50:00 AM PST  
Blogger Erin said...

Thanks, Diana. Silly me, I thought that the beginning of the round was the beginning of the front! That makes more sense now.

Mon Mar 07, 09:28:00 AM PST  
Blogger LB said...

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I've been reading through all of the posts and this really helps! By the way, I'm stuck here too.

Tue Aug 09, 03:44:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home