Friday, July 08, 2005

Hourglass Complete!

I finished this sweater a couple of weeks ago and am (finally) posting some pictures! I used Knit Picks Andean Silk in Lettuce and size 7 needles. Overall, I am happy with it, even though its a bit too big. I think that the second size would have been perfect (but I sort of did an inbetween 2nd and 3rd size)!

The final measurements are: 19.5 inches across bottom, 17 inches waist, 39 inch chest circumference, 24 inches from bottom edge to neckline, 20.5 inches from wrist to underarm.

I also made a few other modifications including an additional inch on the length of the waist area to accomodate the fact that I hate things that are too short. Lesson, should have left as is, it was a bit too long. I also added an extra inch to each sleeve. Lesson, thank god I did! I have long arms and the changes I made came out pefect! Also, what's with this sweater showing bra lines on everyone!? Mine came out fine... On wait, no, thats because I have those huge broad swimmer shoulders and have no need to worry about that!

And finally, thank you for all your support and kind words throughout the making of my first sweater! I really appreciate it!





6 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

I was looking at an inbetween size too - I'm about a 37" actual bust - I don't want it to be too big - do you think the second size would fit great? (I have broad shoulders too!)

Fri Jul 08, 09:51:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Iris said...

It looks fantastic, well done! :)

Sat Jul 09, 02:04:00 AM PDT  
Blogger jen said...

Beautiful job! I love how it turned out in that yarn.

Sat Jul 09, 07:46:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Turtle Runner said...

Your sweater is gorgeous! Great job!

Sat Jul 09, 08:25:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Dani said...

Stacey-- I would say definitely go with the second size, that would probably fit you perfect. My gauge with Andean silk was a bit small, so I ended up with an inbetween size..

Mon Jul 11, 02:15:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful job! Hope mine turns out half as well - just swatching now with Silk Garden.
RoseM

Thu Jul 14, 04:54:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home