Thursday, July 07, 2005

Now a Part of the Fun

I started my first Hourglass sweater in late June, and I'm working on the front/back sections of the pattern now. I love the Noro Cash Iroha yarn, and I normally wouldn't buy this yarn simply because the price is usually too high, but I found a great sale at my LYS and I received a $25 discount on top of the sale, so I figured - why not! The color is #I01 and the dyelot is the natural color with very faint specks of pale lavendar, it's really lovely. I'll post pictures of my progress soon. I've just reached the increasing part of the pattern for the front/back of the sweater, and the measurement is supposed to be 5" long, and I think mine is a little bit longer than that. Has anyone else been off on the lenght-wise measurements? I've carefully counted the rows and kept track, so I'm hoping I was just tired when I measured, and that the sweater is the correct length after all. Anyway, happy knitting!

1 Comments:

Blogger xmasberry said...

that yarn looks so neat! i agree, the cashiroha is more expensive than i would normally buy, but i absolutely loved working with the yarn and i love how it feels and drapes, so the splurge was worth it. wish my LYS would have it on sale, though ;)

Thu Jul 21, 04:27:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home