Saturday, October 29, 2005

Finally posting pictures of my Hourglass!



I finished this about a week ago and kept forgetting to photograph it until today. I love the way it turned out; it's soft, super comfortable, and a beautiful color. (It's a cross between the two photos. Photo two is more accurate, but it's a little washed out.)


But being in Oklahoma, it's a little on the thick side, so I'm not sure how often I'll get to wear it. I think I'm going to make myself another one out of a cooler, lighter weight yarn, too. I'm thinking about Elsebeth Lavold's Silky Wool. Has anyone tried it for this? It's a DK weight, which the Iroha is, too, technically. Think it'll work without a bunch of pattern changing?

I think I'm going to take the neck facing out of this one and make a couple more decreases just to make this one more practical. Since it's so thick and cozy, it would make more sense if I could wear it over a short sleeved tee, and the neckline looks quite odd over a tee right now. For those who did extra decreases, how many did you do? Would a couple of extra decrease rows be enough, probably?

Thanks SO much to everyone here for advice, inspiration, and pep talks!

2 Comments:

Blogger Emily H. said...

That looks great. I love the color you ended up with!

Unfortunately I have no tips for the decreases as I had to start mine over again.

It looks great though!

Tue Nov 01, 10:43:00 AM PST  
Blogger Christine said...

I am planning on using the Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool for mine too! I am going to swatch today. It should be fine, although maybe just a little more airy. I plan to wear a t-shirt under it anyway.

Fri Nov 25, 09:18:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home