Thursday, October 27, 2005

I've finally started!

So I got the yarn (Rowan Kid Classic) for my Hourglass sweater quite some time ago, but it's been languishing until such time when I've felt the weather is sufficiently cold to work with wool again. And last week, we finally got there, and I needed a break from my other sweater project which involves beads, intarsia and fingering weight yarn (gah!) so I got this one started.



So far, it's moving really quickly. Having been inspired by my recent purchase of Nicky Epstein's "...edge" books, I did decide to change the pattern a little bit. This yarn has a bit of mohair in it, so it's got a fuzzy halo which struck me, along with the hourglass shape, as particularly girlie, so I'm adding some extra-girlie touches to my version of the sweater.

First, I decided to do a picot edge rather than the straight hem the pattern calls for:



Then, because I noticed the similarity between Kid Classic and Kidsilk Haze, and because I have some Kidsilk Haze left over from another project, I've decided I'm going to knit ruffles to sew inside the cuffs and hem (and maybe the neckline--I haven't decided about that) so it looks like there is a ruffled blouse peeking out. Fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home