Saturday, September 10, 2005

Question for those who used Cash Iroha

Hi there! I just joined the group and I'll be knitting the sweater with Cash Iroha. I've been swatching for it and when washing and blocking the swatches, I've found that the yarn expands (for lack of a better word). So for example, once knit up, a swatch will be at 19st/in. But once washed, it's now 18st/in. Have any of you experienced the sweater being too big/loose once you've started wearing it? I know I should probably knit it with the size needles that gives me the correct "washed" gauge, but would any of you suggest different?

2 Comments:

Blogger cmeknit said...

I didn't use the cash iroha...but I would recommend making the sweater to your washed gauge. Then it will fit! My hourglass I made too big...so I think I will make another!

Mon Sep 12, 05:58:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Turtle Runner said...

I used Cash Iroha also, and yes, once blocked the sweater stretched out. I knit the very smallest size though, and it fits perfectly! So knit your size and don't feel like you need to knit a bigger size for more room, this yarn will accomodate the size you want to knit.

Mon Sep 12, 03:29:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home