Friday, October 28, 2005

Finished Hourglass

Hi Everyone,

I have been following this KAL for several months. I've recently taken the plunge into blogging, so I can finally share some of my own photos.


I finished this sweater a couple of months ago. It was such a quick knit. Great for TV watching or magazine reading! I used 11 balls of KnitPicks Andean Silk in Olive. The yarn was soooo nice to work with, but I find it to be pretty scratchy when knit up. I have to wear a shirt underneath it. I added a couple of decrease sets like many of you, but otherwise knit the pattern as written.

I can definitely see myself making another one of these sweaters. Maybe with the Cash Iroha!

4 Comments:

Blogger wittyknits said...

I really like that color -- I'm already thinking I need to make a KnitPicks version of this for myself, and I'm not even halfway done with my first hourglass!

Sat Oct 29, 10:44:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Bear Knits said...

Beautiful! I made mine in Orange (KP Andean Silk). It gets softer after the wash. It's the most worn object this Fall.

Fri Nov 04, 09:28:00 AM PST  
Blogger Jenny said...

Thank you! That's good to know that the Andean Silk gets softer after washing. I haven't washed mine yet because I just wanted to wear it!

Mon Nov 07, 06:43:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your sweater looks gorgeous. How did you block it?

Tue Nov 15, 12:15:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home