Friday, March 11, 2005

hourglove

I finished the sleeves and I love them! Now that I've started the body though, I need some advice. Others had said that their hourglass sweaters were running a little large, and there's such a big gap between the two smallest sizes, so I decided to cast on a number of stitches between the two sizes. Well, what I've got fits me like a glove. It is snug! But I'm thinking that the whole hourglass shaping needs more ease to really look lovely. What do you think?



Thanks!

2 Comments:

Blogger xmasberry said...

mine loosened up quite a bit when i blocked it. i had been worried that it night be a bit tighter than i like when i tried on the almost-finished product, but blocking really realxed the stitches.

Fri Mar 11, 06:44:00 AM PST  
Blogger Sarita said...

Yeah...I think you need a little movement in there to compliment the shape. Especially with those lovely sleeves. Because you aren't using the same yarn as me (Cash Iroha) I am not sure how much it will grow but I guess it all depends on how it feels to you.

I am moving so slowly on mine these days...( I have no time to did) but I really like the pattern. I keep trying my one half-way finished sleeve on....just to fantasize...

Sat Mar 12, 01:02:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home