Monday, December 05, 2005

Almost finished

I am almost done with my modified hourglass sweater. I got Nicky Epstein's Knitting On the Edge right before I started my sweater, so I decided to make mine a little fancier, by adding a picot hem, and knitting ruffles to go inside the slightly shorter sleeves.

The ruffles aren't knitted yet, so that's why this is almost finished.

I was shocked at how quickly this sweater knit up. Even being miles and miles of stockinette, it didn't bore me. Sewing the hems down? That was a different story. I think I did pretty well on that though.

Here's the finished sweater:



And a closeup of my hem and picot edge:



My yarn was Rowan Kid Classic in "Frilly." I think it took just over 6 balls for the whole sweater. The ruffles will be out of Rowan Kidsilk Haze in Black -- my freebie from the Rowan subscription!

1 Comments:

Blogger Bad Amy said...

Fabulous! I was thinking of an Hourglass in Kid Classic, one of my all-time favorite yarns... you've inspired me to get going.

Wed Dec 28, 11:43:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home