Saturday, March 12, 2005

Finished Sweater

My hourglass sweater is complete:



The finished sweater is in-between the two smallest sizes. Originally, I planned to modfiy the pattern to create a new size, but when I got 18sts/in gauge, it wasn't necessary. I just followed the instructions for the smallest size (following length instructions for the medium) and it worked out fine.

Some people mentioned the sleeves being too long. I knit mine to 20" instead of 18.5", and they'd be fine longer too! (must have super-long arms...)

I looooove this sweater. The simple styling is perfect. Its a great introduction to working a sweater in the round. My yarn is 100% wool, so it pretty much has to be layered over another shirt. I bet its great in the cash iroha!

More details at my blog.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarita said...

Superb! I love it...I really like the color. NIce job. Your photo is cool as well...I am going to grab my half-finished sleeve and finish it up now! Thanks for the motivation..

Sat Mar 12, 06:53:00 AM PST  
Blogger jen said...

Wow! Really nice -- so glad to see this sweater at 18 sts look great, because I'm doing the exact same gauge/length switcharoonie. Looks really great! Jenifer http://knittingat5337.blogdrive.com

Sun Mar 13, 09:01:00 AM PST  
Blogger Atouria said...

I love the yarn you chose for your hourglass. The black with the speckles dresses it up a bit and gives it a more sophisticated look. Great job!

Wed Mar 16, 08:35:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home