Thursday, July 21, 2005

Finished!

I finished my sweater last night, and I love it! Unfortunately, it's about a thousand degrees in Boston, so I won't be able to wear it out for a while...

Overall, I really like this pattern, mostly for its minimal finishing requirements and flattering shaping. I know others made the neckline smaller for more bra-strap coverage, but I personally think the wide neckline looks lovely. As for the yarn, the KnitPicks' Andean Silk felt great in my hands as I was knitting up the sweater, but it's kind of itchy to wear. The reasonable price (compared to Cash Iroha) and pretty color make the itchiness bearable, though.

Thanks--this was a really fun knit-along! I may just have to make another one.



My imitation of the photo in "Last-Minute Knitted Gifts"


10 Comments:

Blogger Bear Knits said...

I like the color. It looks great on you! Well done!

I just ordered the same yarn from KP. Now I'm worried about the itching.

Winnie

Thu Jul 21, 06:13:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks!

About the itching, my neck seems to be particularly sensitive to wools, so maybe it's just me. Dani used the same yarn, so you might want to ask her what she thinks about it. If nothing else, you can always wear a camisole or tank top under the sweater as a barrier.

Thu Jul 21, 12:15:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Lesley said...

Beautiful! So did you end up using 10 skeins of the Andean Silk?

Thu Jul 21, 12:42:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

v. v. nice! i've used andean silk in a scarf before and didn't find it itchy. but i'm not particularly sensitive, either.

Thu Jul 21, 05:25:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ended up using 9 skeins of the Andean Silk, with just a few yards leftover. I think I may have also saved a little bit of yarn by knitting the hems up, instead of leaving them to be sewn separately later.

Fri Jul 22, 06:59:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Dani said...

it looks so beautiful! I love the color too :) I think that this yarn DOES feel softer to the touch then when you wear it, but I don't find it too itchy. I mean, its not the softest thing on, but I think on a nice cold winter day, this will feel great with nothing underneath.

Fri Jul 22, 10:16:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks great! I love the color.

Tue Jul 26, 10:53:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful color! The shaping is simple and lovely. I'm wondering if the Andean Silk is still scratchy after washing? I've been eyeing that yarn...

Tue Aug 02, 10:30:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So lovely - can I ask if you narrowed the sleeves at all? Yours don't look wide at all. Mine are looking way too wide. Thx.
RoseM

Sat Aug 13, 02:06:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nope, I didn't narrow the sleeves at all. I do remember thinking they looked a little wide as I was knitting them, but I followed the pattern anyway and they turned out fine.

Wed Aug 17, 10:41:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home